For those who have not joined this team before, Cross Country is a fantastic sport and we encourage all our members from U6 – U16 to participate whatever their ability.
Cross Country is included in your Track & Field registration fees.
Apart from the obvious fun of running “off road” in varied conditions, the kids love the team atmosphere, the fitness and cross training for other sports, the sausages, the shorter competition and of course the awards days, and individual and team medals up for grabs throughout the season!
Many schools are now also making XC more of a thing, and every season the local Little Aths kids top the tables in the schools comps at all levels. We’ve had many Box Hill XC athletes make SSV TeamVIC, and every athlete above U8’s can compete up to state level in the LaVic competition*.
So how does it all work?
JOIN THE TEAM
- I’m already a Box Hill LAC member and want to join Cross Country….Your 2018/19 Track & Field registration fees include participation in the Cross Country season & training squad. All you need to do is join the BHLAC Cross Country list to make sure you get all the latest season information. Click here
- I need to register for the 2018 Cross Country season…. You might be joining for the first time or you might have been a Cross Country member last year who is returning for this season. Click the link below to register and pay. The Cross Country program has a registration fee
All athletes run in their LaVic designated age group and no “running up/down” is permitted. If you have any questions, contact us through our website Contact Us
TRAINING (Commencing April 17th)
BHLAC offers professional training for registered athletes on Wednesdays at 4.30pm with Peter Stefanos who is an experienced XC coach and senior Box Hill Athlete himself. Peter is assisted by Matthew Seddon and both will teach skills such as pacing & XC running technique, as well as general conditioning / fitness / strength, and event specific coaching that compliments our season calendar. The training squad trains at Box Hill Gardens, at 4.30pm on Wednesdays for around an hour – meet at the 1km start line, near Irving Avenue. To join the training squad please click here.
BHLAC athletes compete on Sunday mornings in the Eastern 7 competition with – Doncaster, Nunawading, Collingwood, Ringwood and Kew.
Each centre hosts 1 competition, at a different venue in the region. There are also a few open days including the BHLAC Open Day at Wattle Park.
There is State Road Relays – where we submit teams, the Eastern 7 Rewards Day, Regional & State competitions.
See our complete 2019 program below.
Parents only need to do duty at the BHLAC hosted events, and the regional / state events you are entered into. We use SignUp for this also. We’ll notify you when the events are live and you will be able to click here to select your duties.
All Box Hill athletes must wear their black, silver, white, centre uniform and subway barcode patch (we use electronic timing). If you require a replacement patch please contact our registrar the cost is $2.50.
Long “skins” are able to be worn, as long as they are black and have no logos / stripes etc. Regular sneakers or XC waffles are recommended – no spikes are allowed.
If you have any questions please use the ‘contact us‘ form.
A trophy is awarded in recognition of athletes continued efforts to improve and their dedication in representing the Box Hill Little Athletics Centre during the Cross Country season. Athletes must have attended 5 or more Cross Country sessions held by Box Hill or other EMR centres throughout the season.
Calendar (as at 15 April 2019)
- Please note: The same start times will be run every week (except those marked with * above)
- Marshalling for events closes 15 min before scheduled start time
- Events do not always run to schedule depending on numbers of athletes competing