Each week at Box Hill Little Athletics meets, it takes approximately 80 parents to enable our little athletes to participate in a full program of events.
Parent/Guardian support is compulsory and eligibility for athletes to receive awards at the completion of summer season is contingent on the parent/guardian fulfilling support roles at a minimum of 50% of meets (minimum of 7 throughout the season) and all special events your children participate in. Parent support is also required for any “special events” your children participate in.
Our system enables parents to self select their roles from our online rostering program, SignUp. Please click on the relevant SignUp logo below to choose your role. Further instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
These roles require parent support week to week but do not require athletics experience. Training will be provided to compliment your enthusiasm. You do not need to complete the same role each time, please ensure you are signed up via SignUp as “dropins” are not counted unless signed off by the Parent Support Leader, and we often need to backfill the roster on competition days with extra helpers.
All families are required to complete a designated role on a minimum of 7 occasions throughout the season for your children to be eligible for centre awards.
- Set up / pack up crew
- Age Group Assistants
- Track & Field Marshalls
- Data Entry
- Canteen support
- BBQ assistants
- Special projects
Primary Roles (Committee, AGMs & Officials)
Each week there are many additional hours volunteered by committee members. and other dedicated parents behind the scenes to manage registrations, plan events, promote our centre, manage uniforms and merchandise, manage the coaching program, and prepare all of our athletes and programmes for each week of competition. If you are interested in taking on one of these primary roles please contact us, we would love to have you involved.
Age Group Managers (AGMs)
The age group manager is an important role, in ensuring the experience and progression for our athletes & parents. We look to utilise experienced parents who have fulfilled the role in the past and have relevant qualifications / expertise.
- Working with children’s check (WWCC)
- Completion of the Community Coaching Certificate (online)
- OR other suitable qualification such as: personal training; strength & conditioning; phys ed; human movement etc.
It is desirable that Age Group Managers complete the LaVic Introduction to Coaching Course (ITCC). This can be completed throughout the season, with financial support by BHLAC.
Previous Age Group Assistant Managers willing to step up to the next level are encouraged to do so! If you are interested in this role, please contact our Parent Support Leader
Notes on Parent Support Roles
- Please check in at the gate when you arrive.
- Parent support duty is compulsory. We require over 80 parents every week form all age groups.
- Duties are offered on a “first in, first served” basis, and you are required to stay for the duration of the shift.
- Please check your diary for conflicts first – only choose dates you are able to attend.
- Walking around with your child’s group, isn’t counted as duty, unless you are rostered on as Age Group Assistant that day
- Our centre has a number of ADMIN roles for parents who cannot complete their duties on weekends, for more details please email president@boxhillLAC.com.au
- Parents who do not chose their own duties will be allocated them.
Notes on using SignUp
- Please use the same email address that you use for registration.
- Please list your children’s full names and their age groups, so we can easily reconcile your duties for award eligibility.
- For families with shared care arrangements, please create separate accounts for each parent and email the parent support leader for instructions.
- Please fill from the earliest dates first.
- If you discover you cannot complete a selected duty, you may switch it, with someone else, please do so via SignUp.
- If you require support with getting signed up please watch this quick video or email parentsupport@boxhillLAC.com.au