Relay Day is an exciting relay event hosted by Box Hill Little Athletics Centre and involves a number of LAVIC centres. The event is open to athletes U6 – U16 and will be held at Haganauer reserve (the Box Hill track).
With more that 12 Centres, 500 hundred teams and over a 1,000 spectators, Relay Day is the ideal lead up for athletes competing at Regional Relays. Teams can practice their skills on the track in a relaxed, yet fun & exciting environment.
Highlights this year include:
- Shuttle Relays for Under 6 and 7s athletes
- The all new 1 minute Team Challenge event.
- Race calling (Finals)
- Colour Up to celebrate your centre
To compete on Box Hill Relay Day you must run as part of a team submitted by your Centre.
Steps to get involved
- Arrange with your Relay Manager to organise teams to represent your Centre on the day.
- Download the Team entries form below and the poster to the right
- Have your Centre send an email to Monique Holah at info@boxhillLAC.com.au with your team entries.
- Submit entries by November 4th, using the email address above.
- A draft of this year’s timetable will be sent to Team Managers soon
- The program will run between 830am – 6pm. Program
- Gold, Silver and Bronze relay batons will be awarded in each final. Engraving/labelling available on site.
- Recognition for all under 6,7 & 8s participants
- Coffee van, BBQ, canteen food & refreshments available all day.
- Admission is $2 per spectator, while competitors and children U16 free.
- Team entry is $15 per team, paid by the Centre.
- Centre uniforms to be worn by competing athletes
- Spray, Paint or wear you race colours for a bit of fun. Rewards for the craziest colours
Team Managers can receive all event details, along with registration form and payment details by contacting Monique Holah at info@boxhillLAC.com.au